Thursday, August 8, 2013

"Smile Ka Din, Konti Lang"


Kuya: "Kumusta crush mo?"

Bunso: "Ok lang."

Kuya: "Smile ka din!"

Bunso: "Ganito?"

Kuya: "Hindi, konti lang."



Photo Courtesy of Google Images

How many of you have watched this Mcdonald ad entitled Kuya? For those who haven't seen it, well here's the link:

Mcdonalds' Kuya Commercial

Anyhoo, for years Mcdonalds Philippines have been giving the Filipino viewers an array of compelling ads. Simple, pero tagos sa puso ika nga! Remember the Karen-Gina ad? How about that one with Huling El Bimbo as the OST or Hurray for Today?

For Philippines being the world's Most Emotional Country in the year 2012, there's no hesitation that these ads have been touching the hearts of the many Filipinos. Recently, Mcdo's latest endeavor in promoting one of their taglines 'simple joy that make you smile' brought about their latest ad, 'Kuya'.

The first time I glued my eye on the TV commercial, I felt this sort of emphatic twinge in my system. How come they did it again? Nevertheless, I was emotional in a positive light. 

Truth to be told, it's my first time to watch an ad where a person with special needs was a part of the cast, he even took the lead part. Indeed, this one is inspiring to all the families who have children with special needs. The ad also implies that instead of being indifferent to these children one should learn to cope with their developmental differences. They have more important needs and no one should suppress them from living a normal life. They are and will always be 'blessings'.

Nonetheless, whenever I watch Kuya saying his now famous line 'Smile ka din, konti lang' I just can't help but put this curve on my face. Kuya, thank you for leaving us with light hearts whenever you grace the boobtube. You may think that you're different from the rest but you're not, you are just unique in your own ways.

To everyone who's grumpy like me, let's start smiling, kahit konti lang! :)

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing Mcdo here. Nor I wasn't paid to promote the company in my trivial blog. 

P.S. Thank you Lawideena Araujo for constantly blabbing the 'Smile ka din, hindi, konti lang line' today. It inspired me to produce this write-up! :)


Lawi and Kuya Philip


Moi :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com