Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Life has a funny, funny way..."


Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Oh, the irony!

Since then, I always have this unexplainable enchantment over life's ironies. I like how the idea of having two opposing statements result to a better expression. For the longest time, this rhetoric language has been used to exaggerate things while it unravels sarcasm in the long run. While irony itself has various meanings, there are simple ironic situations in our lives that one can pinpoint after a number of experiences.

To cut it short, I just wanted to share some facets of my life that I find undoubtedly ironic. Just bear with me.

  1. I like watermelon/melon scents in perfume and cologne but I don't eat watermelon/melon.
  2. I like cheese-flavored food but I don't eat raw cheese itself. I find cheese to soft.
  3. I like grape-flavored food and drinks but I barely eat grapes.
  4. I'm not really fond of chocolates but I always choose the chocolate flavor in almost anything from shakes, smoothies, lollipop, ice cream, etc.
  5. I like drinking milk teas and iced teas but I despise the taste of warm tea. I don't like the latter.
  6. I hate eating marshmallows because again, they're too soft. But one of my comfort foods is Wiggles which is actually a chocolate-coated marshmallow.
  7. I was a Jollibee kid, now I'm a McDo grown-up. I couldn't think of a better term. Haha.
  8. Almost all of my stuff are pink, but my favorite color is mint green. While my wardrobe is almost pink, I only have a single shirt in mint green color.
  9. I hate cigarettes but I'm living with two room mates who are cigarette smokers.
  10. I breathe, eat, and drink news but I wouldn't want to marry some guy who has the same profession as mine. He should not be working in the media. *winks*
  11. People think of me as a strong person but I'm actually the biggest crybaby.
  12. I hate cheesy and sappy love stories but I like watching movies with the rom-com genre. In fact, my external drive is filled with romance and romcom movies.
  13. I prefer guys who are neat and clean but I find the ruggedly handsome ones more attractive.
  14. I like the thought of marriage and getting married but I can foresee myself as a spinster.
  15. I like Betty over Veronica but in real life I believe that brunettes are more fun than blondes.
  16. In college, my circle of friends think of me as the one who is likely to end up being the richest money-wise, now I'm actually the poorest with my meager salary.
  17. I think buying bouquet of flowers is impractical, but I secretly wanted to receive one. I never had the chance to have one in my whole existence.
  18. I also think shopping is impractical but hell yeah, grocery shopping is a therapy for me.
  19. I was born with a sleek straight brown hair, but I ended having a thick wavy hair while growing up.
  20. When I was younger, I like feminine-looking, chinito and fair-skinned guys. Currently, I am drawn to guys who are masculine, moreno and the alpha male type.
  21. I work for a news and current affairs program but I am awful at writing news. For heaven's sake, I am and will always be a feature writer!
  22. I wake up early but I often end up sleeping late.
  23. I'm sort of a Grammar Nazi but my own grammar and writing sucks big time!
  24. I like to read. I like to consider myself as a bookworm but I barely read books. I prefer reading magazines, comics and articles on the internet.
  25. I like the songs of Mariah Carey but I kinda hate her due to her slur comments on Filipinos. Remember the 'Filipinos are monkeys.' statement?
  26. I am a girl but I'm living with two guys, more like a gay couple. Does that make any sense? :)

Sorry if this post has become too narcissistic but this is my own blog so it's supposed to be filled with egotistical thoughts.

I still have more ironic stuff going on in my life. But I'd rather leave you with Alanis Morissette's song:

Ironic by Alanis Morissette


"Life has a funny, funny way."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com